This is not a new thought.
Many times we say it quite confidently:
“I think I fear success more than I fear failure”
But that’s as far as we dare go. Having said it – we’ve admitted it and somehow feel absolved. If only for a moment.
Failure is familiar – like a worn shoe, or old coat…it takes our shape, knows every curve, every line…comfort in the simplest sense.
- What does SUCCESS look like?
- Will it mean having to spend time alone?
- Not see family as often?
- Become so popular that I lose sight of who I am?
- How will success affect my relationships?
- Will I lose the people I love?
- Will my partner feel intimidated?
The thought of being successful comes with all the additional thoughts of all that we have at stake. And when we mull over that list, it’s a lot!
Success will bring change and change is uncomfortable but don’t fear change.
Keep in mind the words of Helen Keller “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.”