Too many avenues, detours, possible routes, systems!
The world will continue to be a VERY confusing place if we don’t take back control of the only thing we ‘gots’ control over – and that would be – OURSELVES!
I’ve been looking on at
- occupation Wall Street trying to make sense of the demonstrations.
- Ian Alleyne on Crime Watch and hoping that ego doesn’t get the better of his good intentions.
- the Madoff family, completely lost and off kilter
- mainstream America’s general response to Bernie Madoff – that it serves him right
- the fact that after college kids aren’t going off to work but returning to their childhood homes to roost because there are no jobs available
- businesses that I work with filled with gossiping, in-fighting, complaining and excuse making and employees who seem to have all the answers but not doing anything about the situation
I think now is a good time to go back to the basics:
- mind your own business
- do the right thing even when no one is looking
- don’t covet your neighbor’s stuff
- something for nothing doesn’t exist – you will always pay a price
- if your intentions are wrong forget trying to “look” or “do” good it will come back to bite you in the butt
- your life is yours to develop – figure out what’s working FOR you, ditch what’s not
- if you’re not part of the solution then you’re part of the problem
- you can’t do it alone – you need help
Over the next forty plus days I will be focusing on just this: Helping you discover what’s best FOR YOU!
I feel that our world is right where it is because we have lost our way. Greed is driving many of our decisions. We feel wretched in our lives because we are in toxic relationships, ill-matched jobs and doing what we think is our best when we are capable of being so much more.
As Oprah often says – when we know better – we do better.
I feel responsible for helping people to “know” better.
I’m not giving up on this world and I’m definitely not giving up on you!